Vertigo is a feeling of being off balance. It is a sensation of feeling dizzy when objects around you are perceived as spinning or moving. Dizziness is not the only symptom associated with vertigo, though.
- Additional symptoms are:
- Feeling tired or fatigued
- Trouble maintaining balance
- Nausea or vomiting
- Ringing in the ears or difficulty hearing
- Double vision or difficulty focusing vision
- Some of the more common causes of vertigo include:
- Auto accident injury
- Inner ear issues or disorders
- Lack of blood flow to the brain
- Migraines or tension headaches
- Misalignment of the cervical vertebrae
- Subluxation of the cervical vertebrae
Treatment for vertigo can start with receiving chiropractic care. You will start by receiving an evaluation to determine the cause of your vertigo and a treatment plan will then be put together for your specific needs. Chiropractic treatment is gentle and safe and helps to overcome many causes of vertigo. Many patients find receiving adjustments from their chiropractor is all that is needed to cure their vertigo and stabilize their nervous system. Call our office today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Rob Cartwright in Fairfield.