We don’t think much about our shoulders until they start hurting. Once that occurs, it is easy to realize just how much we depend on them. Shoulder pain without assessment [to understand the cause] and treatment [to address the cause] can lead to lifelong issues.
Pain in the shoulder can be caused by many different conditions:
- Abnormal movements or patterns or movements
- Car accidents
- Spinal misalignments
- Sport injuries
- Upper back and neck tightness
Once pain develops, muscle spasms and increased pain can occur.
Symptoms indicating the need for immediate medical treatment are:
- Bruising or swelling or other signs of severe physical trauma
- Clicking or snapping in the shoulder during movement
- Difficulty or discomfort carrying things in your arms
- Inability or difficulty raising your arm above your head
- Shoulder pain that worsens throughout the day
- Shoulder pain that lasts more than a week or that goes away and returns
If you are experiencing shoulder pain, call our office for an appointment today. Dr. Cartwright can align your spine so the pressure on your joints and nerves is released so the cause of the pain is addressed.